Join us in support of Jack's Helping Hand.
Building a playground for children of all abilities.
During the month of August, we're hosting a fundraiser at each of our branches and online for Jack's Helping Hand, a local nonprofit that supports special needs children and their families.
Your donations will help complete a universally accessible playground within the 33-acre Jack Ready Imagination Park in Nipomo. One in 10 children in San Luis Obispo County has special needs for physical disabilities, serious illnesses, injuries or birth defects, and this park will allow them to play along-side abled-bodied children in a safe, sunny and beautiful environment.
Over the last five years, members, visitors and SESLOC employees raised nearly $35,000. Please join us once again in supporting this worthy organization. Every little bit helps and no amount is too small! This year, significant progress has been made and Phase 1 is underway:
- The land has been graded and trenched
- The switchgear building has been constructed
- Electrical power has been installed
- Fire suppression technology has been installed
- In progress: the equestrian barn & arena
- Up next: restrooms & the caretakers quarters
- Learn More
3 easy ways to donate:
- Donate online to the official fundraising account for Jack's Helping Hand
- Call our Contact Center at (805) 543-1816.
- Visit your nearest SESLOC branch. Make a donation and sign your handprint to post on our wall.
Tax donation forms are available at our branches.
Jack's Helping Hand is an essential service that provides community programs that meet the unique challenges faced by children with cancer or special needs and their families throughout San Luis Obispo County. To learn more about Jack's Helping Hand and the park's progress, visit JacksHelpingHand.org.