Healthy Bodies Promote Healthy Minds
Hunger and poor nutrition are severe roadblocks to a child’s learning process. In just our county, more than 16,000 children receive reduced-price school meals during the school year. During the summer their families struggle to provide these meals, but the Food Bank Coalition’s Lovin’ Lunchbox program steps in to help. They provide nutritious meals during the summer to these children in need.
Make a contribution during the month of May at any SESLOC branch, and we'll match your donation.* We will also include the Food Bank’s Children's Farmers Market as a beneficiary of your generosity. Last year with the support of our members, we donated nearly $9,000. This year we want to do even better. Together, we really can make a difference. Make a donation at your local branch today!
*SESLOC will match the first $2,500 in total donations. Your donation may be tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Please consult your tax professional for your specific situation.
Santa Maria Branch
At our Santa Maria branch we will be contributing to the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County.
Food Bank Facts
- For every $1 donated, the Food Bank can provide $10 worth of food.
- 40% of Food Bank recipients are under the age of 18.
- In San Luis Obispo County, about 46,000 citizens battle hunger. That means one in six people are “food insecure,” often not knowing how they will get their next meal.
- The Food Bank partners with a network of more than 200 community & agency partners at more than 130 food distribution sites countywide.
- The Food Bank distributes nearly 6 million pounds of food each year, half of which is fresh produce.
Contact the Food Bank Coalition at 805.238.4664 or online at slofoodbank.org