80 years of People & Place. 1 Year of Absolute Awesome.
Your favorite credit union. Now more digital and accessible.
- Launched a stunning new sesloc.org, with more ease of use, more functionality and enhanced ADA accessibility.
- Updated our online Live Chat experience, which still remains bot-free.
- Introduced a new look for our Visa debit and credit cards, making them easy to spot in your wallet.
- Added your Level Up Member Benefits1 status in Online Banking.
- Introduced 20 new and improved financial calculators to help you estimate your next loan, plan your budget, or tackle debt, plus 6 more for business owners.
- Improved our online Home Loans Center, with a digital application upgrade, in-real-time rate updates and an instant rate quote feature.
- Delivered a series of emails to new members, so they have tools for digital banking success right in their inbox.
- Enhanced the look of our paper and eStatements
Your favorite credit union. Now with more member benefits².
- Introduced a Local Rewards3 program to support the shop local movement, offering bonus points on eligible SESLOC Visa card purchases at 118 participating business locations all across the Central Coast.
- Offered a new, 20-year Fixed Rate Home Equity Loan4, so members can lock in an affordable rate.
- Awarded more than 1600 rate discounts on eligible consumer loans as part of our Level Up program.1
- Increased deposit product rates so consumer and business members can earn more dividends.
- Shredded more than 10 tons of confidential documents at our popular Shred Day events.
- Awarded $5,175 to 73 members in prizes for our Save to Win 12-month Share Certificate5, all the while building healthy savings habits.
- Helped monthly budgets go further with our Skip a Pay6 program, where members can skip a payment on eligible loans to free up cash for the holidays.
- Offered Mechanical Breakdown Insurance, a new and affordable program for members with auto loans that provides essential protection against costly repairs.
Your favorite credit union. Ever committed to our community.
- Helped over 230 new businesses get the financial tools they need to thrive on the Central Coast.
- Hosted our first comprehensive internship program for Cal Poly Students, providing an opportunity for real-world experience.
- Awarded 35 Education Grants to Central Coast school teachers, or nearly $18,600 in funds to expand classroom resources.
- Presented 16 Financial Education webinars to over 600 participants, plus 9 more from our partners at GreenPath Financial Wellness.
- Offered the SESLOC Financial Scholars Program, where 970 local high school students completed financial education modules.
- Published over 100 educational articles, eBooks and how-tos to help both individuals and businesses
- Met you and your neighbors on the scene at 30 community events throughout the year.
- Hosted Youth Week in branch and online to help kids learn the importance of savings, offering games, toys and other prizes.
- SESLOC employees went GREEN for Rideshare’s alternative commute challenge, Saving more than 25 tons of carbon-dioxide this year.
Your favorite credit union. Turns 80!
- Cheers to the next 80 years! We committed to 80 local acts of sustainability to preserve our community. We focused on digitizing forms to reduce paper use, upgrading our digital services so you can skip a trip to the branch, championing alternative commuting methods, and more.
- We asked our staff to nominate 80 of their favorite nonprofits to receive $500 — in honor of the amount we started with 80 years ago. Recipients across the Central Coast include Tolosa Children’s Dental Center, Boys & Girls Club of the Mid Central Coast, Pacific Wildlife Care, Guadalupe-Nipomo Dunes Center, and more.
- We couldn’t have served our community for eight decades without you, so each month we had a surprise in store for our Member Appreciation Pop Up days.
And you, our loyal members.
- Submitted thousands of secure, online forms via Docusign, saving over 500 pounds of paper from hitting waste bins.
- Made nearly 120,000 check deposits on your mobile device, skipping a branch visit and saving on gas.
- Donated over $55,007.85 to the Food Banks of San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties, KSBY and Howard Scripps Foundation’s Book Fundraiser, and Family Care Network’s Give Joy campaign.
- Left 277 messages on social media and in branches for I Love My Credit Union Day. Guess what? We ♥ you too!
- Voted SESLOC “Best Bank or Credit Union” by New Times readers, for the 14th year in a row
Your favorite credit union.
Still located on the corner of People & Place. Where ease meets access… knowledge meets opportunity… and where members meet their benefits.