Shred Day is an easy way for members to destroy their sensitive information.
Simply bring your confidential paper documents to SESLOC during the scheduled event listed below and they will be shredded on-site for free.* Our staff will be on hand to assist you. We are delighted to provide this complimentary service for our members which is up to an $80* value.
May 20, 2023
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., or until the partner trucks are full
8380 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA 93422
(in the Food4Less Shopping Center)
This year, vehicles will line up for shredding services using the Atascadero branch drive thru lane. This will ensure we keep the lanes in the shopping center parking lot clear of traffic and ensures easy acccess to our ATM. Our friendly staff will be there to direct you into place.
San Luis Obispo Headquarters
June 10, 2023
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., or until the partner trucks are full
Please note that the event does not begin before 9:00 a.m., so if you arrive early, please park in the SESLOC Branch parking lot to ensure the shred trucks have room to maneuver to their event location.
3855 Broad St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Stay tuned for these future events:
- Santa Maria branch: We will have our first ever Shred Day at the Santa Maria branch in late summer 2023.
- Paso Robles branch: In October, 2023
The limit is two legal size boxes (12 x 10 x 15 inches) per member, or about 80 pounds. The service is provided on a first come, first serve basis and offered only during the event’s scheduled time frame or until the partner trucks are at capacity.
Items that can be shredded include: Dry paper products, photographs, bound books, spiral bound notebooks, paper clips and staples. We cannot shred plastic items, such as CDs, DVDs, x-rays, transparencies and credit cards.
To facilitate Shred Days, SESLOC partners with Vital Records, a NAID AAA Certified company that adheres to stringent security practices and procedures.
*Members must be present at the event to redeem complimentary shredding services. There is no reimbursement, cash value, or voucher for services not redeemed. Value as compared to industry standard rates for personal document shredding services. Assumes shredding at maximum of 80 pounds. The health and safety of members, staff and partner employees is our top priority. SESLOC may cancel the Shred Day event due to inclement weather, threats from fire season or per the local, state and CDC guidelines for outdoor events change, or other force majeure. Upon cancellation, we will send an notification to email subscribers, or you may contact us at (805) 543-1816 during Contact Center business hours.
How does it work?
At each location, we’ve created a “drive-thru” so you can quickly enter and exit the event. The drive-thru is convenient, ensures we accommodate all members and keeps exits clear for fire or other emergencies. First, your confidential documents are placed in bins. Once each bin is full, it is sent to the truck for shredding.
Where in the parking lot do I go to drop of my confidential documents?
- Paso Robles Branch: The Vital Records shred truck is parked in front of the branch entryway. Members may “drive-thru” the teller window traffic lane to exit. Members needing to use the ATM may park directly in front of it.
- Atascadero Branch: The Vital Records shred trucks will be parked in the lot directly in front of the Atascadero branch front doors. Vehicles will line up for shredding services using the Atascadero branch drive thru lane. This pattern will ensure we keep the lanes in the shopping center parking lot clear of traffic and clears access to our ATM. Our friendly staff will be there to direct you into place. Members needing to use the ATMs may park in the adjacent lot.
- San Luis Obispo Headquarters: The Vital Records shred trucks will be parked in the Headquarters lot. As you enter on Industrial Way, drive past the San Luis Obispo branch parking lot. Look for our friendly staff and signs, who will direct you to the drive-thru. The drive-thru lane will circle the perimeter of the Headquarters lot, ensuring traffic is not backed up for members needing access the San Luis Obispo branch and ATM. Please note that the event does not begin before 9:00 a.m., so if you arrive early, please park in the SESLOC Branch parking lot to ensure the shred trucks have room to maneuver to their event location.
Do I need to bring proof of membership?
No. In order to keep the drive-thru line moving quickly, we will not request proof of membership.
My shred boxes are heavy. Will there be someone to help me?
Yes. You may remain in your vehicle while you drive-thru the event. Our friendly staff will request permission to retrieve your boxes from your vehicle, dropping your confidential documents in the bins. Or, you may remove them yourself.
What do I do with my boxes?
The Vital Records trucks cannot shred cardboard boxes, and SESLOC does not have the capacity to store boxes for recycling. Members must take boxes or containers after the confidential documents are dropped in the bins.
May I watch my documents being shredded?
Yes, you may remain on premises to watch your confidential documents in the bins being shredded in the Docuteam truck. Because it may take a few minutes before a bin is full, we ask that you park away from the drive-thru lane while waiting so we can accommodate the next member.
I want to make sure I get my documents shredded and will arrive early. Where does the drive-thru queue start?
The event cannot start until the Vital Records trucks are in their designated parking spot. Prior to event start, traffic cones will mark the spaces designated for the trucks. If you arrive early, please park in adjacent spaces. SESLOC staff will then direct you to the drive-thru lane. For the event in SLO at our HQ, please park in the North Lot (Branch parking lot) to wait until the event starts to ensure the shred trucks have room to maneuver to their event location.
I cannot attend the Shred Day event. May I drop off my documents at the branch?
No, we cannot store confidential documents for members. Members must be present at the event to benefit from the complimentary shredding service.
Do you have Shred Days at other branches throughout the year?
Yes, we have offered Shred Days at San Luis Obispo Headquarters, and the Atascadero and Paso Robles branches. In 2023, we will host our first ever Shred Day at the Santa Maria branch in late summer. Due to the size and structure of the parking lot at the Arroyo Grande branch, we cannot accommodate this type of event while allowing easy access to other merchants in the shopping center.
In the Community
From the News+ Blog
Identity Theft by the Numbers
Identity theft is a type of crime where someone obtains another person’s personal information without their permission or knowledge and uses that information to commit fraud or other illegal activities. The personal information that is commonly targeted includes names, addresses, birthdates, Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, and bank account information.
SESLOC Cares for Community Award: Teresa Rivas
We’re partnering with News Channel 12 to honor nonprofit volunteers who make our community thrive....
Make the Switch to SESLOC in 6 Easy Steps
Switching to SESLOC is easy — just follow these six steps.