Make a Positive Impact Each Day. Join Our Team!
Why do we say working at SESLOC is the #BestJobEver?
Allow us to brag a little bit and tell you a few reasons why.
Working at SESLOC—a not-for-profit organization—means you’re educating, empowering and enriching the lives of our members AND supporting our local community. Whether lending to your neighbor next door, promoting an informative seminar, or volunteering for a SESLOC-sponsored fundraiser, you’ll feel proud about the work you’re doing. We’re the largest locally headquartered financial institution on the Central Coast and we pride ourselves on providing valued financial and educational services with integrity, respect and compassion—for 80 years!
In addition to competitive salaries and benefits, we create an employee-focused work environment dedicated to celebrating the accomplishments of our team. We offer training and development programs to help you grow at the credit union. Most importantly, we’re committed to doing the right thing by our employees and creating a culture where everyone can reach their potential. But don’t just take it from us—#TeamSESLOC agrees. We’ve won several awards based on employee feedback that prove SESLOC is the #BestJobEver!
“Our philosophy that people are more important than profits extends to the people who work at SESLOC. Our team members’ daily lives and long-term aspirations are much more than just a job, but a source of purpose and pride.”
Geri LaChance, CEO
Did we mention we live in paradise? Our corner of the Central Coast has something for everyone. Whether you prefer the upbeat energy of a college town, hanging out at the beach, or sampling your way through wine country, why would you go anywhere else?
We have career opportunities at our headquarters in sunny San Luis Obispo, at six branch locations and at our Operations Center, located in Santa Maria. Some of our member-facing positions include member service representatives, tellers and consumer and mortgage lending specialists. Rounding out our team are professionals in support roles such as compliance, information technology, marketing, accounting and human resources. In short, we have a variety of positions which require a vast array of knowledge, skills and experience. You may have the combination we need!
If you’re a talented, customer service-focused individual with a desire to make a positive impact each day, then please search our available positions and apply online.
Everyone can enjoy:
- A relaxed dress program (in other words, jeans are okay!).
- A learning culture with growth and development opportunities, paid internships and in-house mentor/trainee programs.
- Team engagement activities such as barbecues, pot-lucks, employee night at SLO Blues Baseball games and Super Bowl contests.
- A strong focus on wellness, which includes optional periodic fitness challenges, annual flu shots and blood drives.
- A fitness center located at headquarters in San Luis Obispo and Kennedy Club Fitness corporate discounts.
- Access to the Talley Farms Fresh Harvest Box program.
- Recognition for service anniversaries.
- The Annual Team Appreciation event, featuring the presentation of our Positive Impact Award given to an individual who personifies SESLOC values.
- The option to participate in charitable activities, such as fundraisers for our local food banks.
- A Charitable Giving Matching Program to support our employee’s favorite nonprofits.
- A quarterly prize drawing to recognize volunteering in our community.
- Spacious, comfortable facilities with free parking and wi-fi.
- A fun, collegial work environment where building long lasting relationships with co-workers and our members is a priority.
Robust Benefits Program
Depending on your position and work status your benefit package may include:
- A comprehensive health benefits package, including medical, dental, vision; life and AD&D insurance; long-term disability insurance and flexible spending accounts.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- The potential to earn annual monetary incentive, based on Team SESLOC achieving company goals.
- Generous paid time off programs, including vacation, sick leave and holidays.
- Vacation and Sick Sellback programs.
- 401(k) profit sharing with generous SESLOC match.
- Educational Reimbursement Program to gain new relevant skills or obtain needed certifications.
- Employee Referral Program, which offers monetary incentive for contributing to the Credit Union’s future talent.
- Telecommuting opportunities.
Please note that nothing contained in the benefits plan described herein shall be held or construed to create a promise of employment or future benefits, or a binding contract between SESLOC and its applicants, employees, or their dependents for benefits or for any other purpose.
Pacific Coast Business Times
“Best Places to Work”
Based on responses to a third-party employee opinion survey that included work environment, corporate culture and benefits package
The Peter Baron Stark Award for Workplace Excellence
Based on employee feedback for a wide range of engagement and workplace factors (2016-2018)
For additional information, please refer to our frequently asked hiring questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Protected Veterans Employer. SESLOC Federal Credit Union is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment throughout our organization for all qualified applicants and employees.
SESLOC Supports Your Community
From the News+ Blog
The Mission Community Services Corporation’s Women’s Business Center supports local entrepreneurs and small businesses by providing resources and education. Charlene Rosales, Deputy Director/COVID Manager, explains how this organization helps potential and existing businesses succeed:
SESLOC Education Grants provide funding to support innovation and expand supplies at local K-12 schools. Here’s how a few teachers recently used grants to support their students’ return to the classroom:
SESLOC hosted a fundraiser for local food banks in May for the second year in a row. SESLOC, employees, and members raised over $14,000 combined for the SLO Food Bank and Food Bank of Santa Barbara County. Each dollar donated buys enough food for 8 meals, thanks to the Food Banks’ network of partners.