SESLOC is the proud sponsor of EverFi’s Financial Scholars program, which provides practical financial education to Central Coast high school students. The online curriculum covers topics like budgeting, credit, taxes, financing higher education, and more.
Program Results Include:
- Active participation by 9 Central Coast high schools, including Arroyo Grande, Cabrillo, Central Coast New Tech, Maple, Morro Bay, Nipomo, Paso, Pioneer Valley, and Santa Maria.
- 996 students completed the program
- Students completed 3,330 hours of learning
- Students’ assessment scores increased by 27% compared to the pre-test.
- Students reported feeling significantly more confident in their ability to navigate their finances.
Here’s What Participant Have to Say:
“[The program] has helped me and encouraged me to make the right choices when it comes to budgeting. I really liked this course because it gave me an idea of how things are going to be in the future and it helped me a lot to know what to do and how to save and spend money properly.” — Student
“I love how this course teaches you the smartest and most efficient way to take care of your money. Also, EVERFI helps me understand the risks of what would happen if you didn’t take care of your debts, loans, and spending of your money.” — Student
“The materials from [the program] align perfectly with state requirements and it fits seamlessly into what we cover in our classroom. Students often come in with their own thoughts and opinions about what they experienced working through the modules and it has ignited interest in their saving and investing for their own future.” — Local Teacher
“Each of the lessons have real-world applications; meaning that students will be experiencing these lessons in real life.” — Local Teacher