Bill Pay is getting an upgrade on February 22, 2023. Here’s a sneak peek at how to use the new and improved system:
Our new and improved Online Banking Bill Pay service gives you more flexibility and control over scheduling your payments. Now you can schedule payments to be sent any date you wish. Get ahead of your bills by paying before the due date.
Bill Pay is a secure and convenient service that enables you to receive, view, and pay your bills from one centralized place. You can use Bill Pay to send money to anyone in the United States that you would normally pay by check, automatic debit, or cash. Bill Pay sends payments electronically when possible, but if the biller can’t accept electronic payments, the service will print and mail a check for you.
Enroll in Bill Pay
To get started, select Pay My Bills from the Menu bar.
The first time you attempt to access the bill pay section of online banking, you will be prompted to begin online registration. You are first requested to read and accept the authorization disclosure. Failure to accept the disclosure terms prevents the registration process from proceeding. Once the disclosure is agreed to, complete the online registration form.
And that’s it! You’re ready to start using Bill Pay. Learn how to add bills and schedule payments.
Adding Contacts in Bill Pay
- Select Pay My Bills from the Menu bar and then the Manage Billers tab
- Under Add New Billers, you can search for a company or manually enter in your contact’s information.
- Follow the prompts to enter your account and/or billing information. Some billers allow you to pay your bills electronically and may not ask you to input an address. Instead, they may ask you to enter your login information for that biller’s account.
- Give your contact a nickname to better organize your list of billers.
- Select Add/Save and your biller will be added to your list.
Editing or Deleting Contacts in Bill Pay
You can edit or delete your added billers. Select the three-dot icon on your desired biller to expand the options menu, and choose View | Edit. Update their information and save changes, or delete to remove them
Enrolling in eBills
Some Billers can send your bill directly to Bill Pay. Billers with this capability will display an Enroll in eBills link above the Pay button. Follow the prompts to enter and verify your account information.
If you would like to stop receiving an eBill for your payee, locate the payee in your list and click its Options button. The Options window will open directly to the eBill tab. Click on the stop receiving electronic bill link.
Scheduling Payments in Bill Pay
Bill Pay has a “send date” focus, which means you can control the date the payment is sent to your payee. Payments are processed at 2:00 p.m. PT on regular business days — holidays may impact this schedule.
When scheduling a payment’s send date, please note this is the date that funds will be debited from your checking account if the payment is electronic. Electronic payments will be delivered to the payee on the following business day. If the bill will be paid by check, the check will be mailed on the next business day. That payee (biller) will receive the check in accordance to standard USPS delivery timeframes. Funds will be debited from your account when they cash the check. We recommend scheduling the payment send date far enough in advance to accommodate these timeframes.
- Select Pay My Bills from the Menu bar and then the Manage Billers tab.
- Find the biller you would like to schedule a payment with, and select the Pay button.
- Select the payment method.
- Fill in the payment amount and choose when to send the payment. You can select the earliest available payment date or specific delivery date. You may also authorize the payment of a fee to select an expedited payment date.
- Choose any notifications.
- View the Payment Confirmation summary and select Pay to confirm. You may also select Cancel Payment Setup on this screen if you need to make any changes.
- Your scheduled payment will display in the Bills & Payments tab.
Edit or Delete Scheduled Payments
You can edit or delete pending payments before they process on their scheduled date. Please note the process and cut-off time for scheduled payments is 2:00 p.m. PT on regular business days (holidays may impact this schedule)
- Select the Pay my Bills option in the main menu.
- Select the Bills & Payments tab to view scheduled payments.
- If you wish to edit or delete a payment, select the three-dot Options icon and select Edit Payment or Delete Payment.
- Follow the prompts to confirm.
View Contact's Activity
You can view scheduled and previous payment activity with any of your contacts in Bill Pay.
- Select Pay my Bills from the main menu.
- Select the Manage Billers tab
- On your desired biller, select the three-dot Options icon.
- Select View Activity.
You can update your preferences for how you would like to receive important notifications about Bill Pay. Select the Notifications tab in Bill Pay and choose how you would like to receive notifications. Confirm your changes by selecting the Update Preferences button.