Switch to SESLOC in 6 easy steps:
1. Open Your Checking Account
Already a Member?
Open your HomeFREE or Basic Checking account by selecting Open an Account in the Online Banking main menu and following the prompts.
Not a Member Yet? Here's How to Join
Join online at sesloc.org in just a few minutes. Or, visit us at your nearest branch (you can even book an appointment online to save on wait time) or call us at (805) 543-1816.
- Membership is established with a $5 share savings deposit and a one-time $5 membership fee.
- You may join if you live, work, or attend school in San Luis Obispo and Northern Santa Barbara Counties, or if someone in your immediate family is a SESLOC member.
- Membership in good standing is required for all credit union benefits.
The USA Patriot Act requires financial institutions to verify your identity when opening an account, so you and any joint owner(s) will be asked to provide:
- Date of birth
- Current California Driver’s License (or other current government-issued photo ID)
- Proof of residential address (if different from ID)
- Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
Activate Your Debit Card
Debit cards can be instant-issued in the branch or one will be mailed to you after you open your account. To activate a mailed card, call (866) 762-0558 and follow the prompts after you receive it.
HomeFREE Checking account holders can also register on seslocrewards.com to view, track, and redeem earned rewards points.
2. Get Online Banking
Register online at sesloc.org or download our mobile app. Simply enter your Member Number and personal information, then set up a username and a password and follow the prompts. With Online Banking, you’ll have access to your account at home or on the go. Plus, you can skip a trip to the branch with mobile deposits — you get quick access to your cash, even on weekends and holidays!
What's a Member Number?
When you join a credit union, you become a member and are issued a Member Number. This is often considered an Account Number because your different accounts and loans are filed under your Member Number. Your Checking MICR Number is the unique address used to direct electronic transfers, like Direct Deposit, to your account.
3. Set Up Direct Deposit
To update or set up direct deposit with your employer or the Social Security Administration, you’ll need to provide:
- SESLOC’s routing number (322282713)
- Your checking account’s MICR (Direct Deposit/ACH number), which is a unique electronic address. In Online Banking, select your checking account, choose the Details tab, and you’ll find that number listed.
Please note it can take up to two pay cycles for direct deposit changes.
4. Switch Over Automatic Transfers
Start the switch by updating companies and financial institutions that handle your automatic deposits and withdrawals or need your payment information. Download our handy checklist here to keep track of people you need to contact.
Need checks? Visit a branch or call us at (805) 543-1816. If you’ve ordered checks in the last six months, you can reorder in Online Banking or through the Mobile App!
5. Update Your Mobile Wallet
Your SESLOC debit card is compatible with Apple, Google, and Samsung Pay. Add it to your mobile wallet to make contactless payments in stores and online (and be sure to remove your old cards).
6. Say Goodbye to Your Old Account
Once you verify that outstanding checks have cleared and automatic withdrawals and direct deposits are redirected, you’re ready to close your old account. This process may take several weeks, and be sure to log on to Online Banking to confirm each transaction has been redirected. Once confirmed, contact your previous Financial Institution and follow their process to close your old account(s) and destroy old checks, ATM/debit cards and deposit slips.