You can easily place a stop payment on a single check, a series of checks, or an ACH transaction through Online Banking. To access the stop payment feature, select Stop Payment from the (…) drop-down in the Main Menu bar. Please note a fee applies to stop payment actions.
Stop a Check
To place a stop payment on a check, or a series of checks:
- On the Stop a Check tab, select Single Check or Check Range from the Request Type
- Select a Checking Account from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the single Check Number or Starting and Ending Check Numbers on which to place the stop payment.
- Select the account from which to pay the fee in the Pay Fee From drop-down menu.
- Click the Continue.
- Verify that the stop payment information you entered is accurate.
- Click Edit Stop Payment and make corrections if needed.
- Click the Confirm button to generate a Confirmation number indicating you successfully placed the stop payment.
Stop an ACH
To place a stop payment on an ACH transaction:
- On the Stop an ACH tab, choose the transaction account from the Select an Account drop-down menu.
- Enter the payee’s name in the Type to Search Company Name
- Select the Stop Next ACH Payment radio button to stop the next scheduled transaction or the Stop All ACH Payments radio button to stop payment on all recurring transactions.
- In the Amount field, enter the amount of the ACH payment.
- Click the Continue button.
- Review the stop payment to ensure accuracy, and then click the Confirm button to generate a Confirmation number that indicates you placed the stop payment successfully.
The History tab displays all the stop payments. Click a stop payment to view the details.