As we celebrate our 80th anniversary, we’re preserving our community for the next 80 years by doing 80 local acts that have a global impact.
Here’s the impact so far:
1. When we moved our headquarters to Broad Street in 2014, we planted orange trees to make use of the space as a viable food source. This past January, employees volunteered to glean the fruit to donate to local organizations managing food insecurity in our community.
2. Our employees participated in RideShare’s #LoveYourCommute Challenge, saving 3,247.6 lbs of CO2 from entering our air by using alternate transportation methods and telecommuting.
3. We introduced a “green brochure” option for when we’re at community events, giving attendees the option to scan a QR code for access to information instead of taking a paper brochure.
4. We continue to promote eStatements in lieu of printed statements. Paper statements and bills alone generate almost two million tons of carbon dioxide, according to the National Geographic Society. eStatements are secure and archived for 24 months, so you don’t have to worry about filing your records or shredding them when you’re done. Ready to make the switch if you haven’t already?
5. Visiting the ATM? We provide a “no receipt” option if you’d like to save paper. Plus, you can track your transaction history in Online Banking.
6. We adapted our financial education seminar program to an online webinar format, allowing more people than ever to access important information — right from the comfort of their homes.
7. We improved our online loan application process to make it quicker and easier to manage your finances remotely.
8. We’re continuing to utilize remote meeting options to reduce our CO2 footprint.
Stay tuned to learn about more ways we’re promoting sustainability.