As we celebrate our 80th anniversary, we’re preserving our community for the next 80 years by doing 80 local acts that have a global impact. Read about our acts from July here, and see what’s new below!
Here’s the impact so far:
41. For the month of July, SESLOC employees also logged their walking, running, and biking miles — clocking a total of 2,459 miles.
42. SESLOC employees also participated in SLO RideShare’s alternative commute contest, saving 4,946.9 lbs of CO2 from entering our air.
43. We also joined RideShare SLO’s Summer Clean Air Challenge, competing against other SLO County businesses to reduce our CO2 emissions.
44. We awarded an Education Grant to a Central Coast New Tech High School teacher to buy supplies for a hands-on science lesson studying climate and weather systems.
45. Our mobile deposits allow members to deposit checks and skip a trip to the branch.
46. We offer online training sessions to our staff to reduce their need to travel.
47. In honor of our 80th, we donated to the nonprofit Pacific Wildlife Care, San Luis Obispo county’s only licensed rehabilitation center that cares for injured birds, mammals, and reptiles.
48. We also supported Ecologistics, a grassroots nonprofit supporting environmental sustainability in our community through education and supporting local activism.
Stay tuned to learn about more ways we’re promoting sustainability.