Here’s the impact so far:
33. We recently awarded an Education Grant to Central Coast New Tech High, so teacher Gavin Schroter could buy materials for his students to build a botanical garden for hands-on lessons about the environment.
34. To help our members dispose of their sensitive information, we also hosted a giveaway for state-of-the-art personal shredders during our June Member Appreciation Day event.
35. In June, SESLOC employees participated in SLO RideShare’s alternative commute contest, saving 5,191.3 lbs of CO2 from entering our air.
36. We use digital screens in our branch lobbies to share important news and ads with our members, reducing our paper waste.
37. We hosted a Shred Day at San Luis Obispo headquarters on June 11, securely shredding 50 bins of our member’s documents in a secure, green way.
38. We also awarded an Education Grant to a Cuesta College for Kids instructor to buy solar-powered car kits for a unit on electricity.
39. We carefully recycle our old lightbulbs.
40. In June we conducted a survey to help understand our member’s awareness and satisfaction with digital services.
Stay tuned to learn about more ways we’re promoting sustainability.