As we celebrate our 80th anniversary, we’re preserving our community for the next 80 years by doing 80 local acts that have a global impact. Read about our acts from last month here, and see what’s new below!
Here’s the impact so far:
17. We hosted a Shred Day in Atascadero, where we securely destroyed 4.02 tons of our member’s documents — helping our members protect their confidential information in a green way.
18. We supported RideShare’s Bike Month throughout May.
19. In April, SESLOC employees participated in SLO RideShare’s alternative commute contest, saving 4,239.2 lbs of CO2 from entering our air.
20. Our Live Chat support option is convenient and saves members a trip to the branch.
21. At our headquarters and branches, we use potable water for our landscaping irrigation.
22. To reduce our electricity usage, we have sensors that automatically turn off the lights in unoccupied areas.
23. Whenever possible, we buy supplies that are remanufactured, made of recycled components, and/or Sustained Forestry Initiative (SFI) certified.
24. We recycle our used printer toner cartridges.
Stay tuned to learn about more ways we’re promoting sustainability.