On the corner of People & Place, amazing things happen. Let’s take a look a back at what we’ve achieved together.
Your favorite credit union. Now more digital and accessible.
- Launched a new Online Banking experience & SESLOC Mobile App.
- Introduced Change It Up, where you everyday SESLOC debit card purchases are rounded up to make automatic deposits into a Savings account.1
- Translated the sesloc.org website and Online Banking into Spanish, plus many other documents and forms.
- Opened a new 24/7 ATM in Los Osos, and moved the Cal Poly ATM to a more prominent location, to better serve the campus community.
- Provided Card Services in Online Banking, making it easier to activate a card, report as lost/stolen, request a replacement card or set Travel Notices.
- Added your Credit Score2 in Online Banking (powered by Savvy Money), plus provided other spending forecasting and budgeting tools.
- Enhanced your paper and eStatements, and started offering eNotices.
- Made funds available immediately after depositing checks on the SESLOC Mobile App.3
Your favorite credit union. Now with more member benefits.⁴
- Introduced Basic Checking, a new personal checking account with no overdraft fees, no non-sufficient funds fees, and no cashier’s check fees.5
- Added more than 100 Local Rewards participating businesses,6 where you earn bonus SESLOC Rewards points7 on purchases with eligible debit and credit cards.
- Helped monthly budgets go further with our Holiday Skip a Pay program, where members can skip a payment on eligible loans to free up cash for the holidays.
- Launched 3-month consumer and 6-month consumer and business share certificates, providing options for short-term investments.
- Increased deposit product rates so personal and business members can earn more dividends.
- Destroyed 17 tons of confidential documents at five Shred Day events throughout the year — including our first events ever in Santa Maria and in the 5-Cities area.
- Offered more chances to win with our Save to Win 12-month Share Certificate, now with up to 100 entries per drawing period.8
- Plus, we awarded $10,575 to 191 members in prizes for our Save to Win 12-month Share Certificate, all the while building healthy savings habits.
Your favorite credit union. Ever committed to our community.
- Welcomed nearly 200 new local businesses to our ranks, helping them get the banking services they need to thrive on the Central Coast.
- Introduced a Cal Poly Debit Rewards card design for our HomeFREE Checking account so that Mustangs can pay with pride.
- Introduced the Financial Education in the Workplace program, where we provide lunch-n-learns and other educational opportunities to staff at local businesses.
- Presented 19 financial education seminars to a combined 168 attendees at community groups such as Avila Senior Living, Farmworker Resource Group and Family Care Network.
- Hosted a Bite of Reality Fair at Pacific Beach High School, where 60 students participated in a real-world living and budgeting simulation.
- Awarded 8 volunteers the SESLOC Cares for Community Award, for their valuable contributions to local nonprofits, which was shared on News Channel 12.
- Hit the streets to see which residents have “Common Cents” by asking money questions, a fun segment that aired on KSBY throughout the year.
- Recognized and celebrated National Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Hosted our second Cal Poly Student Intern program, providing an opportunity for real-world experience.
- Awarded 55 Education Grants to Central Coast school teachers. That’s $26,015 to expand classroom resources!
- Presented 9 financial education webinars to 740 participants, plus 5 more from our partners at Greenpath Financial Wellness.
- Offered the SESLOC Financial Scholars Program, where 996 local high school students completed financial education modules.
- Published over 45 educational articles, eBooks, and how-tos to help both individuals and businesses be money smart.
- Hosted Youth Week in branches and online to help kids learn the importance of savings, offering games, toys and prizes.
- SESLOC staff went GREEN for Rideshare’s alternative commute challenge, saving more than 17 tons of carbon-dioxide this year.
- Plus, we went to tons of community events!
And you, our loyal members.
- Earned nearly 200 million SESLOC Reward points.
- Made more than 130,000 check deposits on the SESLOC Mobile App. This service helped you skip a branch or ATM visit, saving you lots of time.
- Donated over $93,318 to: The Food Banks of San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties, KSBY and Howard Scripps Foundation’s Book Fundraiser, and Family Care Network’s Give Joy campaign. The most funds ever!
- 1,656 of you celebrated I Love My Credit Union Day with us, leaving tons of nice messages online and in branch. Guess what? We 💙 you too!
- Voted SESLOC “Best Bank or Credit Union” by New Times readers, for the 16th year in a row!
Your favorite credit union.
And in 2024, we’ll still be located on the corner of People & Place. Where ease meets access… knowledge meets opportunity… and where members meet their benefits
1. When you enroll in SESLOC’s Change It Up program, you understand that the amount of any SESLOC debit card purchase made by a cardholder issued a debit card associated with your checking account will round up to the next whole dollar and the excess of the purchase amount transferred into your selected savings account. If a debit card purchase is refunded or cancelled, the corresponding Change it Up transfer remains in your savings account. SESLOC may cancel or modify the SESLOC Change It Up service at any time without prior notice. Change it Up service is not available for business debit cards, and you may not transfer to a Consumer Money Market or Consumer Building Block Share Certificate Account.
2. The credit score provided is intended to help you understand the factors that affect your credit score, and ways you may be able to save money with SESLOC Federal Credit Union loan products. It is not used for loan approval purposes, or for determining loan rates. Loan rates and approvals are based on information provided to the credit union when you apply for a loan. The credit score found in the credit report may be different than the credit score you see here. The offers presented are not offers to lend. Terms and conditions and offers are subject to change at any time.
4. Everyday Member Benefits are available to Credit Union members in accordance with disclosures and agreements between the Credit Union and the Consumer Member, including but not limited to the Member Application, the Member Account Agreement and Disclosure, Truth-in-Savings disclosures, all Fee Schedules, Rate Sheets and other account agreements and disclosures. For benefits including but not limited to Identity Theft Recovery + Mobile Phone Insurance, SESLOC Rewards, SESLOC Shred Days, EasyPay, insurance products through TruStage® Insurance Agency, LLC, and financial counseling through GreenPath, Inc., refer to their individual Terms and Conditions disclosures located on seslocstaging.wpengine.com or visit a SESLOC branch for more details regarding benefit terms, conditions, limits, restrictions and eligibility that apply. Some services require primary consumer member to agree to separate terms and conditions. Insurance offered through TruStage® Insurance Agency, LLC is a not a deposit and is not federally insured. The insurance coverage offered through TruStage® is not sold or guaranteed by the Credit Union.
5. Basic Checking is not eligible for Courtesy Pay Service or SESLOC Rewards Program for debit cards. Basic Checking incurs a $2.00 monthly fee for paper statements. Refer to the Basic Checking Truth in Savings Disclosure for more information.
6. Local Rewards bonus points are earned on purchases made at participating Local Businesses only. Participating Local Businesses (“merchants”) are subject to change at any time without notice. Participation in Local Rewards does not constitute an endorsement on the part of either the merchant or SESLOC Federal Credit Union. Purchases made at participating merchants processed through third-party services (e.g. DoorDash, Grub Hub, Uber Eats ect.) may not qualify for bonus points under Local Rewards. Local Rewards is part of the SESLOC Rewards program; see seslocrewards.org for complete terms, conditions, restrictions and eligibility that apply. For any questions regarding Local Rewards, contact SESLOC Federal Credit Union.
7. The SESLOC Rewards program (“Program”) is a service provided by SESLOC Federal Credit Union (“Sponsor”) and managed by ampliFI Loyalty Solutions, LLC (“Administrator”). Participation in the Program is exclusive to those who have a current HomeFREE CheckingTM debit card or a SESLOC Visa Signature® Rewards credit card issued by the Sponsor. There is no pre-registration required. By making eligible transactions with a HomeFREE Checking account debit card and the SESLOC Visa Signature Rewards credit card, the cardholder is accepting the terms and conditions of the Program. See seslocrewards.org for Program terms and conditions. You retain the option to utilize these services as long as you are a HomeFREE Checking or SESLOC Visa Signature Rewards cardholder. Subject to terms and conditions. Sponsor and Administrator reserves the right to modify, expand, discontinue, or retire any part of the program at any time.
8. Limit one Save to Win 12-month Share Certificate per consumer member. The account is not available to businesses, including sole proprietors, trusts and organizations. Consumer member must be 18 years or older and a resident of California to participate in the Save to Win Savings Promotion. No purchase necessary. 12-month Share Certificate account will automatically renew upon maturity. Early withdrawal incurs a penalty fee, with a limit of one withdrawal per 12-month term. Must maintain an average daily balance of $25.00 for the account to remain open. Winners agree to permit SESLOC FCU to use their likeness in promotional or their materials. Membership in good standing required for all Credit Union benefits. See the Member Account Agreement and Disclosure and Fee Schedule for additional terms, conditions and fees that apply to your account. Refer to SESLOC FCU Save to Win Savings Promotion Official Account and Prize Entry Rules for additional terms, conditions, eligibility and restrictions that may apply.