Joining SESLOC is Quick and Easy
Why should I join?
We are 56,000+ members strong.
When you open an account, you become an owner in a not-for-profit financial cooperative and pool your funds with other local people in order to enjoy financial advantages. That's why we like to say "You're lending to your neighbor next door." We have no outside investors, which means profits are returned to YOU, our members, in the form of lower loan rates, higher savings dividends, and many free or low-cost services. Our only loyalty is to our member-owners. We've offered value-saving financial products and services since 1942.
Am I eligible?
If you live, work or attend school in San Luis Obispo or Northern Santa Barbara County, you are eligible to join SESLOC. That includes Cal Poly Mustangs!
You are also eligible if your immediate family member belongs to SESLOC (parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, siblings, including step-relationships). Minors are welcome to open accounts, too. Joining a credit union is a great way for young people to begin learning money management skills.
What are the benefits of membership?
In addition to low fees, great rates and uncomplicated pricing, you'll love these Everyday Member Benefits:1
Free tools to improve your financial IQ
- Webinars & Seminars – Watch a live webinar or attend a live seminar once we can safely resume in-person events. Topics include home buying, retirement planning, credit management and more, all presented by SESLOC's experts.
- How-Tos and Tips – We provide articles, videos and more to help you manage your money wisely.
- Money Coaches – Keep your budget on track with a 1:1 personal coach - complimentary for members!
- Calculators – Estimate loan payments, retirement savings and more.
- Budgeting Tools – Set goals and visualize your finances with the Money Manager tool in Online Banking.
- Financial Counseling – Our partner, GreenPath, offers personally tailored programs for those facing financial crisis, like overwhelming debt, foreclosure and more.
Free Checking Accounts
One of the best membership "benefits" is access to our HomeFREE Checking account, which has no monthly fee and no minimum balance requirement. It includes free Identity Theft Services and points with every purchase. When you join online, simply check "yes" to adding a HomeFREE Checking account on your membership.
Identity Theft Services
SESLOC Rewards Program
When open a HomeFREE Checking account you get access to SESLOC Rewards, where you earn points for every debit pruchase. Redeem points for merchandise, gift cards, travel, fuel at the pump, and more. Many financial institutions may offer credit card points, but SESLOC rewards you for everyday debit purchases.
New! Level Up2
SESLOC membership just got better, thanks to our Level Up program. Get increasing benefits for eligible activity in transacting, saving, borrowing, and membership loyalty.
We offer free shredding of your confidential documents throughout the year. Learn more.
Receive discounted rates and 24/7 claims service for auto, AD&D, home, health and life insurance programs.
How do I get started?
Establish your Credit Union membership with a $5 deposit to a Primary Share Savings account and a one-time $5 membership fee. Then, you're eligible* for all credit union benefits, including our popular HomeFREE Checking account.
Applying or a Loan? You don't need to join online or at the branch first. Get started with your loan application now, and we'll help you join.
Stay at home! Open an account online in minutes.
A Note for New Accounts — The USA Patriot Act requires financial institutions to verify your identity when opening an account. You and any joint owner(s) will be asked to provide a current California Driver’s License (and proof of address if you’ve moved) plus social security number(s). Accounts that can be opened by mail may have additional requirements. If you do not have a California Driver’s License, you may use a current government-issued photo ID.
What if I move?
Even if you move out of the area, you remain a member of SESLOC when you maintain a membership account in good standing.
1. Everyday Member Benefits are available to Credit Union members in accordance with disclosures and agreements between the Credit Union and the Consumer Member, including but not limited to the Member Application, the Member Account Agreement and Disclosure, Truth-in-Savings disclosures, all Fee Schedules, Rate Sheets and other account agreements and disclosures. For benefits including but not limited to Identity Theft Recovery + Mobile Phone Insurance, SESLOC Rewards, SESLOC Shred Days, EasyPay, insurance products through TruStage® Insurance Agency, LLC, and financial counseling through GreenPath, Inc., refer to their individual Terms and Conditions disclosures located on sesloc.org or visit a SESLOC branch for more details regarding benefit terms, conditions, limits, restrictions and eligibility that apply. Some services require primary consumer member to agree to separate terms and conditions. Insurance offered through TruStage® Insurance Agency, LLC is a not a deposit and is not federally insured. The insurance coverage offered through TruStage® is not sold or guaranteed by the Credit Union.
2. The Level Up Member Benefits Program (“Program”) is provided by SESLOC Federal Credit Union (“Credit Union”). The Program is available to consumer memberships, for which the primary consumer member is eighteen (18) years in age or older and is a member in good standing with the Credit Union. The Program is automatically available to an eligible consumer membership. Please visit sesloc.org, Online Banking or any branch for the Level Up Member Benefits Program Disclosure (“Disclosure”) for more information regarding the terms and conditions of the Program. Certain restrictions and other limitations apply. By establishing or maintaining a consumer membership you are accepting the terms and conditions of the Program. If you prefer not to participate in the Program you may opt-out, see the Disclosure for more details. The Program terms, conditions and benefits may be amended at the sole discretion of the Credit Union and are subject to change without notice, except where required by law.