As we enter the new year, we’re reminded of the many GOOD things that happened in 2021
Your Favorite Credit Union Is…
Now More Digital & Accessible
- Opened a new branch at Cal Poly campus serving students, faculty and staff.
- Introduced Video Banking, where members can meet with us face to face online.
- Added SESLOC Reward point totals in Online Banking, with easy access to the redemption website.
- Introduced Google and Samsung Pay, making digital wallet payments easy and contactless.
- Opened the Contact Center for calls and Live Chat on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. PT.
- Consumer members may now open select deposit accounts in Online Banking, skipping a branch visit.
Now Offering More Member Benefits
- Membership got even better when we introduced Level Up,1 a new benefits program. Earn points for transacting, saving, borrowing and membership loyalty. The more points you have, the higher the level, and the more benefits you get.
- Rolled out a new Identity Theft Program2 for HomeFREE Checking accountholders, which now provides Mobile Phone Coverage.
- Introduced new SESLOC Rewards options,3 including:
- Pay With Points, or redemption in real time via text or email.
- CashBack Rewards in the form of a statement credit.
- Premium gift card options, including Target and Amazon.
- Brought back SESLOC Shred Days and destroyed 10 tons of confidential documents.
- Awarded $4,400 in prizes for our Save to Win 12-month Share Certificate,4 all while building healthy savings habits.
- Helped monthly budgets go further with our limited-time offers, including the Skip a Pay holiday program and Go Green Auto Loan Refi Special.
- Offered giveaways and treats for International Credit Union Day in October.
Ever Committed to Our Community
- Presented 15 Financial Education webinars to over 1,000 participants.
- Awarded 38 Education Grants to Central Coast school teachers, or nearly $18,000 in funds to expand classroom resources.
- Helped hundreds of local businesses in getting the funds and services they need to thrive on the Central Coast.
- Offered the SESLOC Financial Scholars Program, where 653 local high school students completed financial education modules.
- Published nearly 100 educational articles, eBooks and how-tos to help both individuals and businesses.
- Shined a light on 12 nonprofits in our community with our SESLOC Spotlight series, to encourage our 56,000 members to give back to these worthy organizations.
- Offered an Employee Matching Program, where we gave back $900 to staff’s favorite local nonprofits.
- Provided a destination for San Luis Obispo Children’s Museum “Busy Boxes,” and a drop-off center for several holiday toy drives.
- SESLOC staff went green for Rideshare’s Summer Clean Air Challenge, preventing 6 tons of carbon-dioxide from entering the environment.
And YOU, Our Loyal Members…
- Submitted thousands of secure, online forms via Docusign, saving over 1,000 pounds of paper from hitting waste bins
- Made nearly 120,000 check deposits on your mobile device, skipping a branch visit and saving on gas.
- Donated over $62,000 to the Food Banks of San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties, KSBY and Howard Scripps Foundation’s Book Fundraiser, and Family Care Network’s Give Joy campaign. THIS TOTAL IS THE MOST FUNDS WE’VE RAISED… EVER!
- Left 216 messages on social media and in branches for #ILoveMyCreditUnion Day. Guess what? We love you too!
- Voted SESLOC for the “Best Bank or Credit Union” by New Times readers, for the 14th year in a row.
And now we’re ready to celebrate our 80th Anniversary with you.
As we look to the future, we are fortifying and reflecting on the common values of people and place. Here, we choose to live with compassion, to appreciate every moment, and we choose to connect. We celebrate those who’ve been with us since our humble beginnings, rooted in academics, to the ones who’ve joined our growing community along the way. SESLOC is a place for us all.
Stay tuned for celebrations and activities in 2022!
1. The Level Up Member Benefits Program (“Program”) is provided by SESLOC Federal Credit Union (“Credit Union”). The Program is available to consumer memberships, for which the primary consumer member is eighteen (18) years in age or older and is a member in good standing with the Credit Union. The Program is automatically available to an eligible consumer membership. Please visit www.sesloc.org, Online Banking or any branch for the Level Up Member Benefits Program Disclosure (“Disclosure”) for more information regarding the terms and conditions of the Program. Certain restrictions and other limitations apply. By establishing or maintaining a consumer membership you are accepting the terms and conditions of the Program. If you prefer not to participate in the Program you may opt-out, see the Disclosure for more details. The Program terms, conditions and benefits may be amended at the sole discretion of the Credit Union and are subject to change without notice, except where required by law.
2. Identity Theft Recovery + Mobile Phone Coverage (“Program”) is provided by NXG Strategies, LLC., and are included as part of HomeFREE Checking. There is no pre-registration required. By participating in the HomeFREE Checking account the primary accountholder is accepting the terms and conditions of the Program. See sesloccares.nxgstrategies.com for terms and conditions of the Program, or request a copy of the terms and conditions by visiting any SESLOC branch office. You retain the option to utilize these services as long as you are a HomeFREE Checking accountholder, subject to terms and conditions.
3. SESLOC Rewards program Terms and Conditions can be found at seslocrewards.org
4. Save to Win 12-month Share Certificate minimum opening deposit is $25. Terms, conditions, restrictions and eligibility apply. Please see the Save to Win Savings Promotion Official Account and Prize Entry Rules for details.