SESLOC Money Coaches
Keep your budget on track with your personal Money Coach
We're proud to offer the expertise of specially-trained Money Coaches, who can help you get control of your finances. Your Money Coach is a guide — helping you understand your credit report, how to develop a budget and tackle debt, and will support your goals for financial health and well-being. This new program is just another way we embody the credit union philosophy of people helping people.
What you can expect:
Your Money Coach can help you with your full financial picture, or just a specific problem — like how to handle an error on a credit report. Money Coaches support you as you set your goals and develop a path towards financial well-being as measured by four categories:
- Spending: Spend less than income; pay bills on time.
- Saving: Have enough liquid savings to absorb a moderate financial shock; have sufficient long-term savings or assets.
- Borrowing: Have a sustainable debt load; have a good credit score.
- Planning: Have appropriate insurance coverage; have a plan for future expenses (goals).
How to get started:
- Download your credit report from freecreditreport.com.
- Complete a short self-assessment.
- Schedule a 1:1 session with a personal Money Coach, and bring along your credit report and self-assessment. Your first appointment is a 30-minute phone call to assess your needs. When scheduling the call, be sure to select "Money Coach."
Note: some branches have limited availability.