Our Fraud Detection and Notification System continually evaluates the accounts of our Visa credit and debit cardholders to watch for suspicious debit or credit card activity, and notifies you if fraudulent activity is suspected. Our automated assistant, "Jill," works with a team of people to speed the notification process.
Here's how it works:
- Our state-of-the art automated asstant, nick-named "Jill," (or one of her human counterparts) telephones your primary phone number.
- You'll be asked to verify your identity by entering the last four digits of the primary member's Social Security number (see "Security Identification" below) and birth date. You will NOT be asked to provide your account number, password, or other confidential information. If you're in doubt, hang up and call SESLOC at our main number or at one of the Card Security phone numbers provided below.
- You'll be asked questions about your recent card activity.
- If you identify a transaction as fraud, your call is transferred to our Card Member Security Support Team to help you take the next steps to protect your card and your accounts.
- If you verify the transaction is legitimate, you will be able to close the case with the automated assistant over the phone.
The four digit segment of the primary account holder's Social Security number plus birth date are the only identifiers available to the monitoring service. This is enough to verify your identity, but not enough to compromise your personal security.
If you receive a phone call and feel uncertain about the process or the identity of the caller, hang up and call SESLOC at our main number (805) 543-1816.
If the Security Support Team is unable to verify the activity with you or with SESLOC, they use their experience and judgment to determine whether to place a protective block on your account. Our staff will make another attempt to contact you at the home or work phone number we have on file on the next business day. Your current phone number is essential for this process to succeed.
- If you anticipate using your SESLOC credit or debit card in diverse locations or for atypical purchases, notify SESLOC in advance. Complete a Member Travel Notification form if you're traveling outside the country so we can provide more flexible fraud monitoring while you travel.
- Keep phone numbers and contact information updated so we can reach you if necessary.