Social Media Community Guidelines
Welcome! If you’re reading these guidelines, you may have visited one of our social media channels to explore our organization, share your experiences, suggest improvements and/or connect with one of our six branches on the central coast. We’ve created online communities to educate, empower and enrich our members’ lives and reach prospective members who may join our not-for-profit cooperative. We may also share news about SESLOC, organizations we support, businesses we serve and content relevant to the central coast, credit unions and the financial industry.
We are dedicated to creating the best member experience possible while also complying with federal and state regulations, which means protecting your privacy. We truly value and appreciate your feedback, but ask that you follow our community guidelines so we can build mutually beneficial relationships with one another. Our online communities are moderated and all comments are reviewed by a SESLOC employee, whether we reply or not.
We encourage everyone to:
- Maintain private or confidential information – Please do not provide any of your specific account details, personal information or report phishing or criminal activity in the public or private comment spaces. If we see this content posted, even in a private direct message, we will remove it immediately.
- Stay on topic – We ask that you only post comments that reflect the topic of the post or the purpose of the page for the benefit of a healthy discussion. While we welcome reasonable feedback and critiques, we may delete negative comments about SESLOC, our competitors, members, vendors, community and those we sponsor if the comment is not relevant or does not add to the overall experience.
- Be respectful –
- If you disagree with the content posted by SESLOC or by an online community member, we’d like to hear from you. However, please follow the rules of polite discourse and treat each other with respect.
- If you post spam, confidential, abusive, offensive or unlawful information, we reserve the right to remove it on channels where we have the authority to do so, and to flag it for removal on review-based channels moderated by a third party, such as Yelp and Google Business.
- SESLOC may ban users from our communities without prior written notice or consent for violations of these community guidelines.
- Seek support – We know that social media channels are “open for business” 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We will engage with members in a timely manner during our regular business hours, which are posted on our website. If you have a specific comment, inquiry or support question, we encourage you to call our Contact Center at (805) 543-1816 during regular business hours, visit one of our six branches during business hours or email [email protected] where you will be directed to the representative who can best serve you.
We are committed to providing trustworthy information that encourages engagement. SESLOC complies with all Federal Trade Commission regulations for online advertising and marketing and endorsements. As you follow our channels, please note the following regarding our content:
- Employee content– We do not endorse any comments made by employees unless they are an authorized representative of our organization.
- Community content– We may like, favorite, share, tag or re-tweet content we find useful to the online conversation. However, statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly those of the commenter and do not constitute an official position of SESLOC.
- Third-party content – We may post links to third-party websites or content when we find the information is beneficial to the online community. Although we do our best to curate and share reputable, relevant, accurate and authoritative information, our posts do not constitute an official endorsement of the site or company unless otherwise stated in the post copy. SESLOC is not liable if the third party removes, edits, changes or redirects the content link to another site and is no longer is offering information in the best interest of our online community. We actively validate content for five business days after the original posting date. We will remove content when we are aware that it no longer serves the original intended purpose.
- Promotional content – We may post information about limited-time-only advertising promotions, such as special offers and rates, contests, programs and event dates. Although the content may still be accessible via the social channel days, weeks or months after posting, please visit our website or any branch office as it is the most up-to-date source of information regarding all SESLOC products, programs and services. Please refer to the disclosure and/or terms and conditions link provided in each promotional post for up-to-date information.
- Copyrighted content – SESLOC makes every effort to avoid copyright infringement. If you feel we are in violation of copyright law, please contact us at (805) 543-1816 to request removal of the material.